Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Covid 19 - Day 4, Exhaustion and Brain Fog

When I had the very first sign of Covid, I thought "come and get me - let's get this over with." 

The first few days were uncomfortable, heavy chest, sore throat, but I didn't have a fever. 

The fever is everything. 

I haven't had a fever in my adult life that I remember. And it's not a high fever -just a steady 100. But three days of it is wearing me down and now I'm having a hard time finding a full sentence and spelling simple words, just typing this...taking unbelievable concentration.

I have had a hard time sleeping the past few days but I have been asleep 17 hours today. Andy said my mom called. Don't remember it. Sorry mom. A nurse from the state called us both to remind us to stay inside. That's nice. I can barely climb the stairs. I don't think she asked us how we were. She didn't gather any information Andy said. 

That's the funny thing about something new, the only instructions we have gotten are "take Tylentol and stay home. If it gets bad, you can go into an ER" What does bad mean? 

I would not wish this on anyone - except Trump. I don't want him to die - just to know. 

We are watching "Alone" on Hulu. It's pretty good. I'm in and out. But when I'm actually awake I just keep wishing I could stand up and shower. I stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment